The Smart in Security Systems – Part One
By Colonnade Security
FREE, FREE, FREE...
Free security systems not always a bargain — Part One
There is a saying “that nothing comes for FREE in this life,” and it also applies to a “security system.”
The first thing to understand is that a sound security system is going to cost you some money. Deals that seem too good to be true – usually are. Don’t fall for the salespersons’ promises; get it in writing before you sign.
When you purchased your home or started a new business, you spent a lot of time researching, evaluating, and looking for that special place. Maybe, just maybe, you even built it. Think of all the decisions you made before and during that purchase.
When considering the purchase of an alarm security system for your home or business, you’re making a similar essential purchasing decision.
Follow the same in-depth research and decision-making process you followed earlier. You want to secure and protect your home or business. When you request a quote for an alarm security system, ask the difficult questions.
- Ask about the equipment to be installed.
- Ask about the company, their reputation.
- Ask about the company’s policies.
- Recommendations or reviews are a must.
- Do some homework before you ask for a quote.
- Check out the company’s website.
- Ask where the monitoring station is.
- Always get at least three quotes or have a quality recommendation from someone before you begin your search.
You decided to get a security system, so now let us see what we need. Protection for the doors and interior motion sensors are a must. But what about window security? Fire protection? Temperature or water protection? video surveillance? A guest, family, employee, or cleaner access? Do you require a medical alarm? Or a panic device? Do you want to access the premises using your smart device?
We have all been there. It is to easy to be taken up by the notion of something being FREE. What is the catch?
When making your purchasing decision, consider all of the devices mentioned earlier. Components, the core of an alarm security system today, you should find in standard security system options.
Today, we live in an unprecedented time. We have access to so much technology geared to simplify our lives, or does it? Computers, tablets, smartphones and smart related devices.
- Do you want an interactive system?
- Do you want to control lights, locks, and the temperature in your home or business?
- Are you thinking of adding video cameras?
- Do you want a live update, system status, or video feed sent to your smartphone?
These are all things to consider in your purchase. You want a quality, worry-free, sound, peace of mind, a service-backed, security system that will last you for many years. You can have this and more with a little time spent on learning what you want and what you need.